Thoughts about a cherished litter….The miracle of welcoming a puppy into the world is an incredible site to behold. Puppies are born with their eyes shut and ear canals closed making them functionally blind and deaf along with unable to regulate their own body heat. Puppies find their way by using the senses of smell and touch. It is simply amazing to watch the incredible and instinctive bond that develops between Mom and her babies.
Heritage Manor Labradoodles has been busy meeting the needs of our Puppies since birth. We have nurtured, loved and cared for each individual Puppy. We have initiated potty training and crate training. We have introduced our puppies to people, early handling, a multitude of sounds, small obstacles and challenges. We have begun to build their trust in people, trust in the world around them and trust in themselves. We have been inseparable for these short months and now, at 8-9 weeks of age, it is time to say good-byes. Yes, it is time to shed a tear or two and let them join their Forever Families. It is their time to go out and make the world a better place! And so they should…
PHOTO BY M.CONRAD & PHOTOGRAPHY STUDENTS/ORANGE HIGH SCHOOL
Heritage Manor Labradoodles believes early stimulation of our labradoodle puppies is extremely beneficial to their life-long health and overall success. We perform the Bio Sensor Stimulation Exercises daily with our newborn puppies beginning on Day 3 until Day 16.
What is Bio Sensor Stimulation & Scent
Bio Sensor Stimulation
The US Military wanted to improve the performance of their Military canines and developed a canine program that still is in use today. They started a program called “Bio Sensor” which later adopted the nickname, “SuperDog”.
After years of research, the Military recognized that early neurological stimulation exercises could be of value with long-term results. Their findings showed that there are specific time frames in a young puppy’s life where neurological stimulation has most favorable outcomes. The initial time frame beginning very early in the puppies lives, from day 3 through day 16. During this period, it is thought that the fastest neurological growth and development takes place and, is of utmost importance for each puppy.
The “Bio Sensor” program gives puppies a quality advantage by implementing early neurological stimulation through the simple five exercises (below).
- Tactile stimulation – Holding the puppy in one hand, we gently tickle the puppy between their toes using a Q-tip. Time of stimulation 3 – 5 seconds.
- Head held erect – Using both hands, the puppy is held perpendicular to the ground, (straight up), so that the head is directly above the tail in an upward position. Time of stimulation 3 – 5 seconds.
- Head pointed down – Holding the pup firmly with both hands, the head is reversed and is pointed downward so that it is pointing towards the ground. Time of stimulation 3 – 5 seconds.
- Supine position – Holding the pup so that it’s back is resting in the palm of both hands, with its muzzle facing the ceiling. The pup, while on it’s back, is allowed to sleep or struggle. Time of stimulation 3-5 seconds.
- Thermal stimulation – Using a damp towel that has been cooled in a refrigerator for thirty minutes, the puppy is placed on the towel, feet down. We do not restrain the puppy from moving. Time of stimulation 3-5 seconds.By performing these exercises, the puppies are giving their neurological system a head start. These exercises are an addition to the puppy’s daily routine. We never want to stop bonding and developing their social skills.By implementing these exercise, our puppies will have:
- An adrenal system that moves faster
- Stronger heartbeats
- More tolerance to stress
- More resistance to disease
- Stronger heart rate
New research studies are showing that dogs trained in nose work are more confident throughout life. Negative attitudes often are tied to separation anxiety, fear and aggression. We are taking steps to help our puppies have positive attitudes towards life. One minute each day, we are introducing new scents to each puppy. We introduce pungent items that our puppies will interact with throughout their daily lives.
- Natural items such as grass, tree bark, pinecones and leaves
- Fruits, herbs and spices such as lemon, rosemary, apples and mint
- Training items such as tennis balls, leather, plastic and wooden items
We are taking steps to help our puppies have positive attitudes towards life. Simple daily exercises beginning Day 3 through Day 16 that make a huge impact in our puppies lives.
At Last…the Long Awaited Charlotte & Charlie Puppies are here!
March 5, 2021
7 precious boys and 2 adorable girls
Liberty & Hugo Babies have Arrived!!
March 4, 2021
5 beautiful boys and 3 adorable girls
BECOMe A FOREVER FAMILY
Heritage Manor works diligently to bring our Families an exceptional representative of the Australian Labradoodle breed. Your new Family member will be highly social, eager to be trained and learn, loving and loyal. They are self-confident, resilient, have environmental and people focus. Their zest to learn make them a perfect candidate as a therapy dog or one’s loyal companion in life or BOTH.